What is the purpose of customer experience design and innovation?
Simplicity speaks to me. Complexity, including fancy ambiguous wording, makes me suspicious. And it makes navigation in the real world that much more difficult. With that in mind I share with you my take on customer experience design and innovation.
I say that the purpose of customer experience design and innovation is to enrich lives such that customers are left feeling great about choosing to do business with us.
How can we know that we have enriched lives and left customers feeling great about choosing to do business with us? I say we can look at the following indicators:
1. What customers are saying about us;
2. How many people are turning up to buy from us without us having to hook them through advertising, promotions and other gimmicks like many ‘loyalty’ programmes;
3. The stickiness of customers in the midst of genuine competition and the unleashing of contractual shackles;
4. The budget that we can cut from marketing, advertising, and sales without negatively impacting the customer experience nor our ability to attract/keep customers.
5. Ease of attracting and keeping talent, the talent that actually comes up with products and powers the customer experience.
Posted on February 25, 2013, in Customer Experience, Customer Loyalty and tagged Business, customer, customer experience, customer service, marketing and advertising. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.